Thursday, November 1, 2012

Friends!

Hello everyone! I hope and pray that this blog finds you well and alive in the Lord! This blog post will talk about friends! Many of us, including myself knows what it's like to have great friends. But what if I were to tell you that there is One who loves you so much that His only desire is to be your best friend? For what will be almost 22 years since I met Jesus and accepted Him into my life as Savior and Lord, there have been moments in my relationship with Him where I have had my fair share of struggles. Struggles of uncertainty and constantly questioning the validity of our friendship when the really hard times came into my life. In spite of myself and the circumstances that appear to overwhelm me, I have found assurance that Jesus will always be the closest friend I will every have based on what He has done for all of us. In the movie, Passion of the Christ, He reveals His heartfelt desire to be friends with all of us by doing what no one has, is, or will ever do for you and me.

The above music video by Michael W. Smith titled Friends will serve as an honest and friendly reminder that a friend is a friend forever if the Lord is the lord of them and a friend will not say never because the welcome will not end. It will be so hard to let you go in the Father's hand we know because we know that a lifetime is not to long to live as friends. With that said and without any further delay, I want to introduce you to Michael W. Smith and his song, Friends. God bless you and enjoy it! Jesus loves you and so do I!...:-)

Words:Deborah D. Smith
Music: Michael W. Smith

Packing up the dreams God planted
In the fertile soil of you
Can't believe the hopes He's granted
Means a chapter in your life is through
But we'll keep you close as always
It won't even seem you've gone
'Cause our hearts in big and small ways
Will keep the love that keeps us strong

Chorus:
And friends are friends forever
If the Lord's the Lord of them
And a friend will not say "never"
'Cause the welcome will not end
Though it's hard to let you go
In the Father's hands we know
That a lifetime's not too long to live as friends.

With the faith and love God's given
Springing from the hope we know
We will pray the joy you'll live in
Is the strength that now you show

But we'll keep you close as always
It won't even seem you've gone
'Cause our hearts in big and small ways
Will keep the love that keeps us strong

Chorus